as of July 2021
- Masks (not bandanas, gaiters, face drapes or any other substitute) will be required for entry into the building. If you do not have a mask, please be sure to utilize the entry at the top of the hill so that one can be presented to you as soon as you enter the building.
- Masks must be worn over mouth and nose at all times in the building (and most certainly and especially in the sanctuary). There are two exceptions: consumption of communion elements (bread and juice) and taking a quick drink of a beverage. In every instance that either of these two exceptions are in play, masks must be immediately placed back over mouth and nose as soon as elements are consumed or the sip of a drink has been completed. In order to ensure efficacy of our mask protocol, we are asking everyone to please make an effort to limit those instances as best they can.
- If anyone in the sanctuary removes his/her mask under circumstances that do not apply to the exceptions above, they will be immediately instructed to put it back on. If they do not, the worship service will end then and there.
- While masks must still be worn by everyone, singing by the entire congregation (as opposed to soloists only) will be permitted.
- There will not be any physical passing of the peace during the service. There will not be an offering plate passed around, though one will be positioned at the back of the sanctuary in which pledges/offerings may be placed.
- There will be no receiving line/greeting at the back of the sanctuary with the pastor following worship.
- While there will be no spots marked "X" for seating, we are encouraging everyone to space out in the sanctuary as best they can. The one exception is family units: if you live with anyone that is in attendance with you, you are not expected to space out.
- There will be no ushers. If socializing before worship, please observe spacing suggestions.
- Individually packaged communion elements have been purchased for our services. While we would encourage folks to make use of these, if you prefer to bring your own tiny piece of bread and a very small bottle of juice from which you take one drink that is perfectly acceptable.
- Windows will be kept open and each one will have a fan positioned in front of it. Doors to the sanctuary (except for doors to the counting room) will also be left open, as will the windows in the lounge.
- Sanitizer will be provided in every pew.
- A masked indoors/masks optional outdoors coffee hour will be held downstairs/outside on the patio and adjacent area immediately following worship. If anyone wishes to remain indoors to socialize in Fellowship Hall, they must leave their masks on; the sole exception, as highlighted above, is taking a drink of a beverage and then quickly replacing the mask. If food is consumed, it should only happen outside (therefore it would be prudent for food to be set up on the table outside). If you have removed your mask outside and need to reenter the church during coffee hour, please put your mask back on. The rule is simple: masks must be worn inside, and masks are optional outside.